Friday, March 12, 2010

Rhino Rally '10

Our yearly tradition is to go down to the Rhino Rally in St George at the end of February. This is the weekend Brady proposed so it's something fun to do . This year we took his little brother Casey and our friend Korey. Brady and Casey were going to race while me and Korey stayed back and hung out. In the two previous years we've gone down I haven't seen Brady finish. This was going to be the year I saw him cross the finish line. We watched the 300 bikes take off into the desert and I was able to see Brady in the pack of everyone. We figured a 50 mile desert race would take a while so me and Korey went back into town to get some hot chocolate. When we got back people were starting to finish. Someone told us the group Brady was in had to do another loop so we stayed by the truck to fill him up when he came in. He came rolling up.
He said he only had to do the one loop. I didn't see him finish, again! He ended up finishing 5th in his class and got an award for it. Casey finished the race and ended up chipping a few teeth. All in all we had a great time. Next year I am going to see him cross the finish line.

No comments: